Preparing for the Synthesis Paper: Research Paper Proposal
In a brief memo addressed to your instructor propose a topic for your research/synthesis paper and include a brief discussion of how you might approach this topic.
Please discuss the following (in numbered paragraphs):
- Your general topic. In no more than three sentences, what do you expect to write about? Be specific; be concise.
- Your intended audience. Who, specifically, are you writing to? If you say, "anyone who is interested in this topic" or "anyone who is reading this paper," that means you don't have a clue who your audience is.
- Your voice. Informer? Advocate? What do you mean when you say that?
- Your tentative thesis. This will be one single declarative sentence that sums up your paper (so far as you are able at this point).
- Length: About a page should do it. This is a very brief, concise assignment.
- NOTE: In the past, many students have chosen to ignore the "numbered paragraphs" part above. If you choose to ignore those instructions, you will lose three points.
- The memo will be submitted through Blackboard.
- Friday, November 12, 2021
- No credit for memos submitted after Friday, November 19, 2021.
This assignment is worth 10 points.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by Ashland University.
Revised 7/26/21 • Page author: Curtis Allen • e-mail: email@example.com.