The writing assignment:
For this paper you will select and narrow a topic, find research material, and write a six-page research paper with appropriate MLA documentation of your outside resources.
You will receive a list of topics related to the reading we have been doing. If you wish to write on another topic, you must submit a proposal by April 8, 2022 and receive permission before proceeding.
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- Length: Minimum 2000 words not counting title, your name, etc. That's about a six-page paper. There is no maximum, but try to keep it under 3000. Papers significantly under the minimum (90% or less) will not receive the best possible grade. The Works Cited page does not count as part of the word count.
- Outside sources: The essay will have MLA in-text citations and an MLA Works Cited page which cites at least four outside sources. The MLA documentation will count for 25 points.
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box.
- Proposal Memo: Wednesday, April 6, 2022
- Thesis Memo: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Peer Editing: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Analyzing your draft—bring your rough of Essay #5 to class: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Final Copy Due: Friday, April 29, 2022
This essay is worth 175 points. Of these 175 points, 25 are the MLA documentation.