Begin by reading:
- Gloria Anzaldúa, "How to Tame a Wild Tongue," 50 Essays
- Frederick Douglass, "Learning to Read and Write," 50 Essays
The writing assignment:
Choose one of the essays above and write a four-page essay that gives a thoughtful, intelligent response to the author's ideas about language.
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The essay will be at least 4 pages (At least 1300 words).
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for 4 pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Lab! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box.
- Peer Editing: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Final Copy Due: Monday, September 27, 2021
This essay is worth 100 points.