Preparing for the Synthesis Paper: Annotated Bibliography
For this assignment, you will submit an annotated bibliography of the sources you have inspected so far. Here are the rules:
- The citation will be in the MLA style you will use for the Works Cited page.
- You will include a discussion of the appropriateness and quality of the resource.
- It is just fine to include items you have inspected and rejected. In fact, that kind of discussion should help you with your final paper.
- You certainly may use resources you find after submitting this assignment. This is not a limiting contract.
- When you make the Works Cited page for your final copy of the synthesis/research paper, do not simply copy the annotated bibliography. Here's why:
- Your final paper will almost certainly use resources you find after you complete this assignment, and some of the sources you look at for this assignment will turn out to be inappropriate.
- The Works Cited page does not include a discussion of the quality of the entries.
- Length: At least five items, with at least a paragraph of discussion each. If your "discussion" is simply "I liked this one," your grade will suffer badly. The discussion needs to focus on the quality of the resource and whether it will work for your paper.
- The memo will be submitted through Blackboard.
- Friday, November 19, 2021
- No credit for bibliographies submitted after Friday, November 29
This assignment is worth 25 points.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by Ashland University.
Revised 7/26/21 • Page author: Curtis Allen • e-mail: email@example.com.