Summary and Critique
Begin by reading:
The writing assignment:
To fulfill this assignment, you will be submitting TWO pieces of writing: a summary and a critique. The summary and the critique will deal with the same essay (Don’t switch from Ehrenreich to Easterbrook or vice versa).
Choose one of the articles above and write a brief summary (150–200 words).
Using the same article you summarized, write a four-page objective critique.
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The Summary will be brief: 150–200 words.
- The Critique will be at least 1300 words long. (That’s about 4 pages in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can’t think up enough material for four pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Center! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box. You will find the drop box link in the Blackboard folder for the week the essay is due.
- Final copy due: Friday, April 8, 2022 (NOTE: You may not submit this summary after Friday, April 15, 2022.)
This summary is worth 25 points.
- Analyzing your draft—bring your rough of Essay #5 to class: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Peer Editing: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Final Copy Due: Friday, April 29, 2022
This critique is worth 100 points.