Responding to Calvin Coolidge
Begin by reading:
Three Quotations from Calvin Coolidge
The writing assignment:
Write a brief response to the three quotations from Coolidge, focusing particularly on the purpose of education as he saw it and the purpose of education as you see it.
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The essay will be at least 950 words long. (That's about 3 pages in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for four pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Center! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box. You will find the drop box link in the Blackboard folder for the week the essay is due.
- Final Copy Due: Friday, January 21, 2022
This essay is worth 75 points.