What is college really for?
Begin by reading:
"Republicans are terrified of educated, curious, open minds" by Leonard Pitts. (Blackboard)
The writing assignment:
Write a response to this question: "Should a college education be tightly focused on skills for making money, or should it have a larger purpose?"
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The essay will be at least 600 words long. (That's about 2 pages in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for 2 pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Lab! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box.
- Final Copy Due: Friday, September 10, 2021
This essay is worth 50 points.