Grades in English 100
- The course is graded S/U (Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory).
- It does not affect your grade point average.
- To get that S (Satisfactory), you must have a C minus or better for the course as a whole (70% or better).
Working this out
- Students who are doing well do not need to obsess about a few extra points. If your average is a solid B, a couple of points won't mean anything anyhow; concentrate on your writing and on learning the skills.
- You really do need to do everything in this course.
- Almost nobody has a strong enough grade average to overcome the zero of a missing assignment.
- There is more to the course than simply turning in papers. If you don't fulfill the other assignments in the course, your grade is very likely to be too low to pass.
- Another powerful way to drop your grade below passing is to simply miss deadlines. Late papers receive deductions. If you cannot figure out what to write, don't just sit there. Talk to the teacher. Go to the AMuLit Writing Center.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by Ashland University.
Revised 7/30/21 • Page author: Curtis Allen • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.