Essay #5: Literacy in the Workplace
The writing assignment:
For this essay, you have two choices, which are quite similar:
- Consider what you will be doing with your education after you graduate, then answer this question: "What is the place of literacy (both reading and writing) in my chosen profession?"
NOTE: If your aim is something that's basically a literary profession (sports writer, advertising, poet, novelist, etc.) please move on to choice B. (This is because the "place of literacy" in a writer's life just too easy and obvious as a paper.)
- If you are undecided about your major or if you are already aiming in a heavily literate direction, please choose one of the fields below and answer the same question: "What is the place of literacy (both reading and writing) in the work of a person in this field?"
- Applied Exercise Science
- Athletic Training
- Computer Art and Graphics Programming
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Exercise Science
- Graphic Design
- Intervention Specialist
- Middle Grades Education
- The essay will be at least 3 pages long. (That's about 970 words in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for 3 pages, ask for help! Contact the Writing Center! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the drop box in the Blackboard folder for the due date.
- Friday, December 4, 2020: Peer editing. Go to the Week 14 folder on Blackboard and follow the instructions.
- Friday, December 11, 2020: Final copy of essay #5 is DUE!
This essay is worth 75 points.