A Memorable Person
Begin by reading:
The writing assignment:
Write a character sketch of someone you know well, focusing on one dominant character trait.
Read that whole assignment sentence! It says,
- "someone you know well" (which means that a character sketch of Martin Luther King or Barack Obama won't work for this assignment—this is not a research paper).
Notice that "someone" is a single person, not a group!
- "focusing on one dominant character trait" (which means that a general catalog of eye color, hair color, height, weight, food preferences, and work history is not what we want either).
- The final product will be typed and double-spaced according to MLA format.
- The essay will be at least 950 words long. (That's about 3 pages in standard format.)
- If the paper does not meet the minimum length requirement, it will be penalized. If you can't think up enough material for 3 pages, ask for help! Go to the Writing Lab! Ask the instructor for advice!
- The final copy of the paper will be submitted through the Blackboard drop box.
- Friday, October 1: Final copy of essay #2 is DUE!
This essay is worth 75 points.